The partnership will focus on Duquesne’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing RN-BSN completion, Master of Science in Nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs, where Pearson will offer comprehensive online program management services, including marketing, recruitment, student support, help desk support, and student retention services.
“Partnering with Pearson will enable Duquesne University to rapidly bolster our existing, nationally ranked nursing program and significantly expand the reach of our School of Nursing,” said Mary Ellen Glasgow, dean and professor of the Duquesne University School of Nursing, in a statement. “In doing so, we’ll be well positioned to prepare a greater number of nurses to become expert clinicians and health care leaders dedicated to improving the overall quality of patient care in the rapidly changing profession of nursing.”
Preparing Tomorrow’s Health Care Leaders
If you want to become a nurse—or if you already are a nurse but you aspire to higher levels of professionalism—then we have a program for you. The Duquesne University School of Nursing can match your ambition with an academic program that will help you become the best nurse you can be.
Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, Duquesne will prepare you to excel in the rapidly changing profession of nursing. While you’re learning the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver the best patient care possible, you also will be inspired to develop personal and ethical values that make you not just a care provider, but a health care leader.
Academics That Will Set You Apart
The School of Nursing is a widely recognized pioneer in nursing education, having created Pennsylvania’s first B.S.N. program in 1937 and the nation’s first online nursing Ph.D. program in 1997. Today, our school is recognized by the National League for Nursing as a Center of Excellence, and our graduate program has been ranked nationally by US News & World Report.
Ranked Among the Best Nationally
As a testament to the quality of our academic programs, Duquesne University School of Nursing has earned important national accolades:
- U.S. News & World Report: Best Graduate Schools 2018
- U.S. News & World Report: Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs for Veterans 2016
- U.S. News & World Report: Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs 2017
- Number of times designated as a National League for Nursing Center of Excellence
A Diverse Offering of Programs
No matter where you are in your life and career journey, the School of Nursing has a program to fit your needs:
- BSN – This traditional, four-year degree program is for graduating high school and transfer students who want to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- BME/BSN – A new, innovative 5-year dual degree program in both biomedical engineering (BME) and nursing (BSN).
- Second-Degree BSN – This unique program allows non-nurse baccalaureate degree holders to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing in 3 semesters.
- RN-BSN – A BSN completion program for RN’s with an ADN or a Diploma in Nursing.
- MSN – Our Master of Science in Nursing program offers three distinctive areas of specialization: Family (Individual Across the Lifespan) Nurse Practitioner, Forensic Nursing and Nursing
- Education and Faculty Role.
- PhD – An online doctorate with a research focus.
- DNP – An online doctorate with a clinical focus.
- Post-Master’s Certificates – These certificate programs allow nurses with MSN degrees to acquire specialized skills that may not have been offered in their master’s programs.